Thursday 13 February 2014

Final render




For the final render I came up with a little scenario. He has just been asked if he wants to play another game of whist, which he always won. He turns to check his pocket watch, then turns back and says, 'One more game!' And that is when this picture is drawn, at the moment. I started with the sketch and refined it down to a basic shape and shaded it on roughly. The arrows showing where the light source is coming from, it helps me render it properly.



More shading, here and alot more time put into it this time. Taking a lot of care to blend in the strokes.
I'm so proud of the black and white version. The raised eyebrow look really quite crafty, cheeky and confident. Which is of course what he is at this moment, he is going to win yet another game of whist so he should be feeling rather good at this moment. His stance is strong and dramatic, to match his flamboyant clothing and mannerisms.


And here is the finished version. I'm still learning in photoshop so the colour didn't quite come up with what i hoped. I tries many different techniques of shading it in, and the different layer mode too but i'm sure its due to lack of practice. Yet im still pretty pleased with how it all came out. I tried to capture the simplicity of the trianlgles and circles with the way i rendered it 

Overall im very pleased with how my character developed, I now have a very deep and developed character. So much so i can imagine how he would react to different situations, how he would move and speak. My Plileas Fogg character is ready to animate i'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment